RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CLERK
Summary of Clerk Responsibilities
(click here for detailed listing)
- The Clerk administers the official court records of all court cases with jurisdiction in that county.
- The Clerk prepares the Court's permanent historical records.
- The Clerk is generally responsible to:
- The Clerk processes and issues documents for court cases.
- The Clerk collects, distributes, and reconciles monies related to court cases and is subject to regular audits by State Board of Accounts.
- The Clerk of the Circuit Court administers all federal, state, county, municipal and special elections for that county.